If you missed a chance to participate in our Turkey Pretzel Bites activity, here is a recipe to enjoy from home!
- Candy Eyes
- Candy corn
- M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces
**If you do not wish to use the oven, disregard oven instructions**
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place your pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Place a Rolo upon each pretzel. Put the oven sheet in the oven for 1 minute or until the chocolate begins to soften.
- Place three candy corns into the top of the rolo (like a turkeys feathers). Place on the eyes and use a M&M or Reese’s Pieces as becks for your turkeys.
- Enjoy your snack!
Here are some books to enjoy along with this activity:
- ‘Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey
- The Great Turkey Walk by Kathleen Karr
- Turkey by Aaron Carr
- Turkey Trouble At the National Museum by Ron Roy
- Nate the Great Talks Turkey by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat