Scary Stories & Folktales.
Hey Page Turners! Are you ready for some thrills and chills?
In October, instead of everyone reading the same book, we will be exploring the themes and elements of scary stories and eerie folktales.
Feel free to choose any frightening, hair-raising, or creepy story you can find, or select one from our list of suggestions below! Come to the meeting ready to share your thoughts on what makes a book feel ominous or unsettling.
Short Stories/Early Chapter Books
- The Skull by Jon Klassen
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
- Ghoulia by Barbara Cantini
- Goosebumps by RL Stine
- Haunted Histories by Marilyn Scott-Waters
- Scary Stories for Young Foxes by Christian McKay Heidicker
- The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier
- A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
- The Ghost Road by Charis Cotter
- Scritch Scratch by Lindsay Currie *Nutmeg Nominee
- Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
The Page Turners is an exciting book club for kids in grades 2 through 6. Meet up once a month at the Whitneyville Branch Library to chat about books and do some awesome projects. This book club is intended for school age kids in grades 2 through 6. Visit our program calendar to sign up!