Welcome Back! Miller Library is open 10 – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Computers are available during this time for up to 90 minutes. Also, we offer limited studying spaces for individuals. Last check out is at 5:50 p.m. The branches are open for limited onsite services. Whitneyville is open from 10- 1 & 2 – 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday. All library locations remain contactless in the mornings and on Saturdays.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the rules and guidelines I need to follow
- Despite the CDC relaxing mask guidelines for Vaccinated people, this relaxation of restrictions does not apply where state or local restrictions still require them. The Hamden Public Library, as a municipal department, must observe the COVID policies of the Town of Hamden. As such, regardless of vaccination status, face masks and physical distancing are required for entry into the libraries.
- Masks must be worn by any person over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must cover the nose and mouth. Failure to wear a mask throughout one’s visit to the library will result in removal from the library.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. We recommend keeping your early walkers in a stroller.
- Furniture is at a minimum in the library, and all our toys are quietly put away.
- Visitors enter through the glass foyer at 2901 Dixwell Avenue. Markers will indicate where to stand while waiting to enter.
- To ensure masks are worn at all times, no eating and drinking is permitted in the library.
- Public bathrooms are located in the Thornton Wilder Foyer.
- Exit through the doors to the left of the Borrower Services Desk.
What services will be available when you are reopen?
- Computers are available for use. Public computers may be used up to 90 minutes. Please wipe the computer keyboard and mouse before and after use. Please respect physically distancing of six feet at the print release station. Failure to respect this safety rule could result in loss of computer time and/or privileges.
- Assistance with the computers, copier and fax is limited by physical distancing. We have installed an instant chat app on the public computers to help problem solve or guide computer use.
- The typewriter is available for use.
- People may register for a library card or replace their digital library card with a physical one.
Is there somewhere I can study or hold a meeting?
- We will have very limited furniture available for studying.
- The laptop plug-in bar is available for two users. We have added two computer/media chars which allow a user to plug in a computer or phone.
- We offer two study/zoom booths. These are available for individual use for up to 90 minutes. Register to use a booth at the information desk. These units have their own ventilation system.
- Use of a booth is based on first come, first use. Please wipe down the booth before and after use.
- Library items should be returned in either the outside book/media drop or in the book drop located within the glass foyer.
I’m not comfortable going into the library. Can I still use contactless pickup?
- We will still offer its full array of contactless services Saturdays.
Will you be offering programs?:
- Programming will remain available through Zoom, recorded story times on YouTube, and our grab and go bags.
- As the weather warms, we will add outdoor programming.