Install and Authorize Software
1. Install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer at
www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions. You can also find a link for this download on the Hamden Library’s Digital Media page
2. Open Adobe Digital Editions. The Setup Assistant dialog box is
displayed. Click “Continue” The Activation screen is displayed.
4. Under “Authorize Computer”, enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID.
If you do not have an Adobe ID, click “get an Adobe ID online”.
• Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID.
• Return to the Activation screen.
• Enter the email address and password for your Adobe account.
5. Click “Activate”, and the click “Finish” to close the Setup Assistant dialog box.
1. Go the Hamden Public Library’s home page (www.hamdenlibrary.org).
You will find the link to Overdrive Digital Library listed under Downloadable Media.
2. Search or browse for a title. Click “Add to Book Bag” to select your title. Be sure to choose the Adobe EPUB eBook format if you are not using a Kindle. You may place a hold if the eBook is already checked out to another patron.
3. You will automatically be directed to your book bag when you select a title. From there, you may proceed to checkout, or continue browsing. You may take out up to 3 ebooks at a time.
4. Begin the checkout process by entering your library barcode number. You will then be asked to confirm your checkout. The default loan period is 14 days, buy you may select a 7,14, or 21 day loan period at this time. There are no renewals on eBooks, so keep that in mind when selecting a loan period.
5. Download the title.
1. When you download your title, Adobe Digital Editions opens automatically.
2. Connect the eBook reader to your computer, and follow the prompts to
authorize your device. Use the same Adobe ID as entered in Step 2. When complete, link for your reader should display under “Bookshelves”. Make sure your device is “awake,” otherwise it will not appear.
3. Drag and drop the Adobe eBook to your eBook reader (under “Bookshelves”).
4. When the transfer is complete, disconnect the eBook reader and enjoy!
Titles automatically expire at the end of the selected loan period, so there is no neeed to worry about late fees. However, you may choose to return a title before it expires. To do so, you will need go to Adobe Digital Editions and click "Borrowed." Find the eBook you want to return, click the small arrow next to the left hand corner of the cover image, and select "Return Borrowed Item."