The Nigerian author Chinua Achebe died on March 21, 2013 at age 82 in Boston. His first novel and
magnum opus, Things Fall Apart (1958), is the most widely read book in modern African literature.
Mr. Achebe was born on November 16, 1930 in Ogidi, Nigeria Protectorate.
Publisher's Weekly recently revealed the Top Ten Bestselling Cookbooks of 2012. You can find them all in our library collection!
3. In the Kitchen with David. By David Venable.
5. Great Food Fast. By Bob Warden.
6. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. By Deb Perelman.
Which cookbooks do some of our best known cookbook authors favor?
Mollie Katzen's favorite cookbooks are:
1. Honey from a Weed, Fasting and Feasting in Tuscany, Catalonia, the Cyclades and Apulia. By Patience Gray.
3. Mediterranean Grains and Greens. By Paula Wolfert.
Ina Garten's favorite cookbooks are:
1. Summer on a Plate. By Anna Pump.
2. Nantucket Open House Cookbook. By Sarah Leah Chase.
3. Cold Weather Cooking. By Sarah Leah Chase.
4. Tate's Bake Shop Cookbook. By Kathleen King.
5. Baking for Friends. By Kathleen King.
6. Plenty. By Yotam Ottolenghi.
7. Jerusalem. By Yotam Ottolenghi.
To locate books outside of our collection, go to the statewide catalog. You can request books via interlibrary loan
and the statewide catalog (iconn.org), if you are a Hamden resident.